Thursday, April 15, 2010

ZUCCHINI WITH GARLIC AND RED PEPPER FLAKES

I hated zucchini until I learned how to cook it this way. This is great for a sandwich or side dish - I even eat it as a finger food. It's simple, easy and inexpensive. I dedicate this recipe to Emerald, the teenage vegan daughter of my friend Lacey.

Serves 6

3 tbs olive oil
2 pounds zucchini, halved crosswise, then each half cut lengthwise into
4 flat slices
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp dried crushed red pepper flakes
Sea Salt
1 tbs chopped fresh parsley

Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini. Saute until slices
are light golden and tender, about 5 minutes.

Add garlic and red pepper. Stir 1 minute. Season to tast with salt.
Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.

Recipe from Bon Appetit, August 2003

Note: The ratio for fresh herbs vs dried herbs is 1/3 tbs dried to 1 tbs fresh

No comments:

Post a Comment