Wednesday, April 28, 2010

WATERCRESS GUACAMOLE

Guacamole isn't one of my favorite Mexican sides. I'd rather eat a whole avocado, sprinkled with lemon, but guacamole prepared like this was really different. The watercress gives it a very unique flavor - I loved it. I am not sure if I would make it as a side with typical Mexican: refried beans, salsa, etc. It tastes much too special for that. I made it as a side with smokey tomato soup, which I have posted.

Serves 8

3 large avocados, halved, pitted, peeled
2 tbs fresh lime juice
1 cup chopped fresh watercress tops*
Coarse Kosher salt

Cube avocado into medium bowl of cold water, drain well.
Place in large bowl.

Add lime juice and mash coarsely.

Mix in watercress; add salt & pepper to taste.

DO AHEAD: Can be made 2 hours ahead. Cover & chill.

Recipe from Bon Appetit, December 2009 by
Selma Brown Morrow

*Watercress turns yellow pretty quickly, so I would
suggest buying it the same day you plan to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment