Thursday, September 9, 2010

PECAN CRUSTED TOFU

I got this recipe from my friend Heather and it was very good. Not your typical spicy cajun food, but, along with her other recipe, Cajun Green Rice (see recipe,) this meal was comfort food to me. At first, I thought it was going to be too bland for my liking, but the more I ate it, the more I enjoyed it. I think I added some salt after the tofu cakes were cooked-but not much. I didn't want to take away from the sweetness of the pecans.

The recipe was given to me without measurements, so in this recipe they will be approximates.

1 package of firm Tofu
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
pecans (approx 1/4 cup ground down)
paprika
soy milk

Mix the flour, cornmeal, ground pecans, and paprika together.
Cut the tofu into 1/2" slices (remove all water).
Dip tofu into soy milk, then coat with flour mixture.
Bake on well-oiled baking dish. Adding more oil, if
necessary.
Bake at 400 degrees until brown, flipping once or twice
until desired browness achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment