Thursday, May 20, 2010

WARM POTATO SALAD WITH ARUGULA

I love potatoes and I love potato salad, but frankly, I am a little bored with the same old ways potato salad is prepared. This recipe is a great new way to enjoy it and probably a healthier way also. It is made with arugula, which is very easy to grow. After making this terrific recipe, I am inspired to grow my own arugula.

Serves 12 as a side dish.
(The two of us ate almost the whole thing for dinner with some soup. Told you I loved potatoes)

Time: Active 15 minutes Total: 40 minutes

3 pounds white potatoes, scrubbed (I used red potatoes)
(DO NOT PEEL POTATOES)
1/4 cup plus 3 tbs olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2 tbs grainy mustard*
1-1/2 tbs sherry vinegar
1 small onion, thinly sliced
5 ounces baby arugula (6 cups)

Preheat oven to 425. Cut the potatoes into 1/2" wedges. Scatter
the potato wedges on 2 large rimmed baking sheets, drizzle with
3 tbs of olive oil and toss until coated. Season with salt and pepper
and roast for about 25 minutes, until browned and crisp. (I used a
convection oven and used only one roasting pan and even though
the potatoes were layered, they still roasted nicely)

In a small bowl, whisk the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil with the
mustard and vinegar and season with salt and pepper. In a large
bowl, toss the potatoes with the onion and arugula. Top with
dressing, toss again and serve right away. (It was still delicious
almost 2 hours later)

Recipe from Food & Wine July 2008

*Grey Poupon Harvest Coarse Ground Style Mustard
Also, consider making my other potato recipe in order to use
up the left-over mustard as it doesn't have a very long fridge
life like regular mustard. See: Skewered Potatoes with Rosemary

No comments:

Post a Comment